• CarboFix implants are radiolucent, offering improved fracture and tissue imaging intra-op & post-op.
• The fracture line can be seen clearly through the implant which does not disrupt the view.
• The Distal Radius & Proximal Humerus plates Targeting Guides are radiolucent as well: better visualization in AP/lateral intra-operatively
Radiolucent Targeting Guide attached to the Proximal Humeral Plate
Intra-OP lateral view of the Proximal Humeral Plate with attached Targeting Guide
CarboFix “Piccolo” implants are marked with radiopaque markers for easy positioning and follow- up.
The nail markers
There are several markers, embedded in the nail, which enable visualization under fluoroscopy:
Marker along the longitudinal axis
Marker on the proximal end
Markers located of both sides of each hole
Targeting the nail distal holes
• Around each distal hole there are radiopaque mini rods embedded in the nail.
• Upon proper positioning the two markers on each side of the hole are merged into a single dot.
Incorrect alignment of the distal hole markers
Correct alignment of the distal
CarboFix nails distal markers video
The plate marker
The plate contour is marked with a circumferential radiopaque marker.
Distal Fibula Plate circumference
Distal Radius Plate circumference