MRI, CT & Radiation Therapy
CT & MRI: No artifacts
• The CarboFix implants allow CT & MRI scans with no/minimal artifacts caused by the carbon fibers implant.
• Clear imaging of the soft tissue surrounding the bone is advantageous in pathological cases.
MRI of a Humeral pathological
fracture fixated by a CarboFix nail
MRI of a CarboFix Pedicle Screws:
Conventional metal implant:
MRI of a Metal Pedicle Screws:
Pathological long bone Cases
Advantageous in pathologies
Carbon fiber implants have radiation properties similar to biological tissues:
- Enables precise pre-radiation CT planning
- Minimal dose perturbation effects compared to metal implants:
- No backscattering or attenuation